First Grade Class Teacher
June 2021 | Greenwood Tree Educational Co-operative | Mount Vernon, Washington
Greenwood Tree is a Waldorf-inspired educational cooperative in the rich farming community of the Skagit Valley in Washington State. Our vibrant program is expanding! GWT seeks a caring, dedicated and experienced individual to lead the rising first grade class (ages 6-7). The ideal candidate will participate in the life of the cooperative and uphold the mission, vision, and values of Greenwood Tree Educational Cooperative.The ideal candidate will support and help develop the emotional, social, and physical, cognitive well-being of the students, as well as regularly assess and communicate with the parents on student learning.
Teaching Duties: include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement Waldorf-inspired curriculum appropriate for Grade 1.
- Positive and effective classroom management.
- Teaching daily lesson plan.
- Meet with parents as needed.
- Attend weekly faculty meetings.
- Participate in seasonal weekday/weekend festivals
- Support and promote occasional, yearly outreach and fundraising events.
- A BA or college equivalent degree AND/OR education and experience in Waldorf pedagogy AND/OR a willingness to become trained and be mentored to Waldorf pedagogy.
- Ability to work in a co-operative setting with parents and colleagues.
- A willing interest to engage in on-going self-reflection, conversations regarding diversity, equity and inclusion in our classrooms, community and Waldorf Education.
- Demonstrated understanding of childhood development.
- Clear communication skills, written and verbal.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn about the impact of chronic stress, trauma and adverse childhood events on the ability of children to learn, mental health and well-being
Location and Days: Three days per week (Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday). Location TBD,we are developing a new site within the Mount Vernon, Skagit Valley area.
Benefits and Compensation: The salary is $20 – $25 per hour depending upon experience. To learn more about Greenwood Tree please visit: www.greenwoodtreecoop.org.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.
Thank you for your interest in Greenwood Tree Educational Cooperative!